With regret phpAMA is now withdrawn

Post your support requests/solutions for phpAMA [website]

Moderators: lfhost, ijyoung

davidgwalker
MODS thats what I do that is! But definately NO mod music! It has to be ROCK!

With regret phpAMA is now withdrawn

Postby davidgwalker » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:39 pm

I am sorry to announce that phpAMA is now withdrawn and will not be updated anytime in the near future.

Please cease using the application at your earliest convenience, it will not function correctly soon as newer versions of PHP are installed on more servers. Also, as it has not been updated since Jan 2013, potential exploits are imminent due to the security of the code base being out of date and aging coding methods used.

The current version of phpAMA 3.64, should work with PHP upto version 5.4.x. But with newer versions of PHP it will have issues.

Finally the removal of PHP "MySQL_Connect" from PHP version 7 will mean phpAMA will not work at all.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

davidgwalker

Re: With regret phpAMA is now withdrawn

Postby davidgwalker » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:43 pm

:cry: This decision has not been easy, having developed it since 2004.

4 years ago I released WMM which was supposed to take over from phpAMA, I expended a great deal of time and effort into WMM to ensure it was secure and future proof. It was well coded and easily maintained. But it was a total failure, not the coding or the actual application but the lack of take-up by new and existing members. Such a disappointment. It should have taken over from phpAMA but the inertia by existing members to move sealed its fate.

If I could go back 4 years and just enhance and upgrade phpAMA I would, but I didn't and here we are now... Sorry.

THANK YOU to all that have supported me and phpAMA over the years.

Dave

davidgwalker

Re: With regret phpAMA is now withdrawn

Postby davidgwalker » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 am

I have been asked by a few existing members:
"will it continue to work?"

Yes, and it will not expire - no ads will show if expired.

However, do not delay in changing to something else as I have already stated: potential exploits are imminent due to the security of the code base being out of date and aging coding methods used.

Return to “phpAMA [forum]”