ECZEMA - DO
1. wash/shower in tepid water (better cooler than warmer)
2. after wash/shower pad dry with a towel - BUY THE BEST BIGGEST TOWEL YOU CAN AFFORD!
3. dab cream on (do not rub in) - sparingly, better to use less than more
4. make a conscious effort to avoid damaging your skin by scratching/rubbing. Remember you are damaging your skin if you itch/scratch; That scratch is not worth it for just temporary relief (even though it feels good!).
5. avoid stress. Got a crappy job? Get a job you enjoy and will not get stressed.
6. ensure you dry properly after washing (gently pad, DO NOT RUB)
ECZEMA - Don't
1. wash/shower using HOT water
2. after wash/shower rub with towel
3. rub cream on
4. scratch (ed. you cretin, thats so easy to say, especially when it feels so good when you do)
5. get stressed
These are all my own recommendations. Hey, "how do you know" I hear you say. Well I am an expert having over 40 years experience. I have suffered with eczema off and on for years. Quite often forgetting all the above when I have a bout of it, especially when it has been clear for several months or years.
Anyhow, I hope the above helps you or someone you know, it sure helps me from time to time.
And cut out the dead animals and dairy products!
- Angie St James, former Miss England, became a vegan in 2002 and her skin cleared and her dry skin disappeared